Surface battery repair

Dear Microsoft Repair Team,

I am writing to you today to express my concern about my Surface Laptop's battery. Recently, I found that it's dead and it's not charging except when it's plugged. I went to Best Buy for repair, and they confirmed that it has a battery issue. They opened a file for me to repair it, but at the end, they informed me that Microsoft will not ship the battery to them, so they cannot repair it. They suggested that I contact other independent stores or reach out to Microsoft for assistance.

Unfortunately, I live in Charlottesville, and there is no Microsoft store in my area. I went to one independent repair store, but they were unable to help me. Moreover, I do not trust them to replace the original battery. I am interested in shipping my laptop to a Microsoft repair center for repair, but I am not sure if that is possible.

Therefore, I am writing to request your assistance with this issue. Can you please advise me on how I can go about shipping my laptop to a Microsoft repair center? If that is not possible, could you please suggest other authorized service providers in my area that can help me? Also, I would appreciate any additional assistance you can provide to help me resolve this problem.

I am including some system information below for your reference:

• Surface Laptop model: [3]

• Battery status: dead

• Charging status: not charging except when plugged

Additionally, my other concern is repair time. As a PhD student, I need my laptop for research and other academic work. Best Buy informed me that if I want to you to ship the battery to them, it might take up to four months, which is not feasible for me. Can you please confirm if this is correct? If so, could you please suggest an alternative plan? Besides,, I would like to know how long it will take for the repair if I were to ship it to your office.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide to help me resolve this issue ASAP. Please let me know if there is any additional information you require from my end.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

PARASTOO

Best Buy does not replace Surface batteries. And in the US, there are no authorized third party vendors that do this. You can try using a phone to contact support to arrange for Microsoft to do this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers - ask for Surface support. Use the phone numbers listed under *For Business Users* for your location (these also work for consumers/home users).

OR

To start a service request to replace the battery online, see Check your Microsoft warranty and create service orders

Also see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023527/surface-how-to-get-service-for-surface

Barb - Windows and Devices for IT MVP
*Please click Yes below if your problem is resolved. This may help others with the same issue.*

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2024 Views 383 Applies to: